Olbia’s breakthrough in the beer market in 2022
We continue our tour of the most innovative companies in the agro-food sector with Olbia. This Spanish player in the beer market has developed a unique method for designing its drinks. These are Pyrenean olives that make its composition unique and tasty! Natural, gluten-free, preservative-free products with a strong ecological awareness that will intrigue beer lovers. Discover the secrets of the manufacturer who is causing a stir among his friends, in an industry promised to strong growth. consumption of beers from home will leave little room for bars and restaurants in 2025
Olbia innovates in the beer market
Nestled some 150 kilometers from Barcelona, Olbia is reinventing the brewery. Indeed, the Catalan manufacturer uses a unique process to make its drinks. In addition to hops and malt, the signature “made in Olbia” is to add several varieties of olives in its recipe. It’s very simple: Olbia is the only player in the beer market to compose its products in this way.
Today, the company offers two varieties of drinks: “The Original One” and “The Empire One”. We can already note the premium positioning adopted by the company. These product names reflect a brand image that is, to say the least, selective and elegant. The main difference between these two beers lies in the list of ingredients. Indeed, “The Empire One” stands out for its composition based on empire, one of the most famous olives in Aragon.
It is certainly for all these reasons that the brand was awarded a major award at SIAL 2022. Olbia and “The Empire One” are winners of the SIAL Innovation 2022 Grand Prix, in the alcoholic beverages category!
The jury wanted to award this prize to The Empire One for “the originality of the composition”.
How to follow beer market trends?
Our visit to SIAL 2022 allows us to detect several consumption phenomena specific to the agro-food sector. Among the latter: local production of professional ghostwriting, and of course, respect for the environment. The beer market is no exception to these rules, and neither is Olbia. In truth, the Catalan structure incorporates all these values into its brand identity:
- Local character: Olbia only selects ingredients from the Pyrenees Mountains.
- Culture of “without”: its beers do not contain gluten or preservatives. They will therefore be able to appeal to consumers concerned about the ingredients of their favorite products.
- Environmental sensitivity: the brand communicates a lot about its proximity to nature. His social networks are full of content in this direction. To go further, the choice of green, the predominant color in the visual aspect of the brand, is not insignificant. It is reminiscent of its association with ecology.
Finally, the Spanish brewer is totally up to date, for two reasons. First of all, its appearance on the beer market at the end of 2020 did not go unnoticed. In this context, Olbia has published spectacular videos to accompany its launch. This is a communication strategy that strongly encourages word-of-mouth: a good example of viral marketing. Then, the company quickly understood that an activity with an international dimension can only encourage strong and rapid growth. In less than two years, Olbia is present throughout Europe, but also in Asia and America.
State of the European market in 2022
Olbia made no mistake in specializing in the production of innovative beers. For good reason, the beer market is expected to skyrocket in the coming years. Thanks to the data collected on Statista, we can highlight the article writing company existence of three important phenomena in this sector:
- Recovery of activity: after a stagnant value of the stagnant beer market, due to the pandemic, the sector is set for strong growth. Indeed, the compound annual growth rate (2022-2025) promises a market increase of $61.6 billion!
- Rise of non-alcoholic beers: growing almost constantly since 2012, the non-alcoholic beer sector has a bright future ahead of it. To be precise, the sector can expect an increase in its activity of around 37%by 2025.
- Consumption at home: the phenomenon is not going to dwindle, quite the contrary. In three years, the consumption of beers at home will represent 40% of expenditure and 70% of consumption in volume.